-Introductions: Jessica M., Linda M., Nan C., Scott H., John A., Jim H., Dan J., Bob D., Gene, Beth H.
–Action Item updates
– Dan Mahon to GPS route around Old Trail, flag a path near pond (rough clearing?) and ask the developers for approval/input. Put on hold as things are worked out with easements.
– Dan M. to alert Josh Davis (ALb Co Schools) about trail work behind Henley. He did this. CTC can work on it as long as Dan gives his OK.
– Bob /Dan set up meeting with David Hilliard re: Old Trail connections to the Lodge. Met yesterday evening and brainstormed re: trails for Lodge residents to use, etc. Bob will lead this coordination w/ OT. “Dirt Shoes” walk-through April 22nd; for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Dan to give Jessica (and the CTC in general) some bridge designs for the Joseph Taylor Bridge. We know where we’ll build it (future Crozet connector trail behind Western Ridge). Crozet Trails Day provided funds for
materials. Dan’s footbridge design for a fiber glass bridge kit would work, but too expensive. We can come up with a cheaper design; which might still come form Dan, or from us. We will go back out there and take measurements and photos before determining a design.
– Tom send memo to Western Ridge board and follow-up on bridge project. Plank bridge which will connect the Western Ridge residents to the connector trail. WR will provide funds. CTC will build it, with a bollard (to prevent 4-wheelers from crossing it but allowing mowers to come across it when necessary). If we build this bridge, the county has agreed to mow a perimeter area around that. Still waiting for WR board approval and funds.
– Mint Springs upper upper loop- when do we want to have the next workday? Dan M. is keen on continuing with this; he needs to GPS it w/ another P&R member(Tucker), and knows this is time-sensitive before heavy vegetation comes in.
– Old Trail re-route: (1) By the bridges: We’ve done the part towards the area behind Henley out of the creek bed. The old trail remains a nature trail and by-pass the creek and school sections. (2) By the pond: Dan will follow up w/ the developer before we proceed. (3) By the Creek: Same as # (2). (4) By the Park: We’d like to do something that sits above the wet area near the pond, plus ties in w/ the retirement lodge. This will need to be done by Co park machinery etc.
– Western Ridge bridge (Tom/Dan) See above.
– Joseph Taylor bridge See above.
– Stonehouse development (SD)? We’ve been talking for a while to get an interim agreement from SD to build trail. Found out we don’t need a survey since we could partner up w/ Rivanna Water Authority. But don’t need to even do that now cuz SD is surveying it for development, so we can tie in w/ theirs. Once we have that easement, we can then declare that a public trail and have a Crozet connector trail as a neighborhood amenity. Da needs to be informed that the trail we already use will not be used for future development. Jim will email a copy of his developers’ map to Jessica so she can ensure that Dan has it, to check for our trail allowance and the developers’ original agreement.
– WestHall trail building? Agreement from developer for rough grading of the trail; plus we need to build the bridge ($3000 from WH residents for this). Need to go out there again to see what materials, etc is needed. Maybe we could use some of these funds for the JT bridge too. Still working this out. We need the Corey Farm HOA easement, and are making good headway with that, last meeting went very well, they are interested in us doing this. It’ll go through Liberty Hall.
– – April 14th trail design mini-charette / charette means a workshop brainstorming session to examine and design around a rock outcrop. Meeting near MJ Hospital; breakfast provided; walk to Old Mills Trail (really wonderful system, on the county side of the Rivanna River). Go to <www.crozettrailscrew.org> if interested.
– – Jarman’s Gap road tree-planting/ Crozet Trails Day 2012 This year = 5 K race and tree-planting. VDOT putting in sidewalk. We’re working w/ them to get permission to put in more trees. Lion’s Club already in on this, plus Jessica. Meeting on Tuesday, April 24th re: more design and phasing of planting–you’re welcome to come. CTDay we’ll already have the trees and plan for where they go. Booths can be along the sidewalk while we plant trees. Jessica will spearhead the trees piece. Scott and Janet will do 5K race with Bad to the Bone. Think about how you’d like to be involved. CTDay = October 20th.
– July 4th celebration (on Saturday, June 30th)—CTC to march and then sell water and soft drinks. Will talk more about this in May and June. We’ll put together a fact sheet for telling the public about the trails.
– Scott to talk about involvement in the Center for Nonprofit Excellence An association in area, and Crozet Parks is our parent org and they’re members in this. So we can attend certain events and offer info about CTC. Scott will represent CTC. Jessica will give Scott business cards, flyers. Nan is attending a workshop on non-profits and will bring us back some info.
– Mower / trimmer (Bob) Bob has worked out with SEAR’s to get this for FREE!! (≠$400) – Bob will store it at his home and maintain it for now. How exciting!
– CTDay 2012- Scott and Janet—Race committee; Jessica, Phil, and Sandy—Tree committee. (See more above.)Booths? Donations? Volunteers?
Next workday: Design Workshop this coming Saturday, the 14th. April 28th– volunteer for 5k race at OT; then walk to JT bridge location to take measurements etc; maybe use the new mower—start at 10:30.
Next Meeting: May 10th
Adjourned at 7:27PM