The Crozet Trails Crew welcomes volunteers of all activity levels, ages, and desired level of involvement.
We are looking for volunteers to do the following:
- Help build trails
- Assist with food and hydration needs of work crews.
- Maintain inventory of tools; deliver tools to work sites; repair when broken.
- Build structures, such as bridges, entry pathways, and signage.
- Coordinate workdays.
- Maintain established trails on a regular basis
- Walk trails regularly to report damage, status and safety.
- Light pruning of seasonal growth.
- Regular mowing and trimming during the growing season.
- Be a trail monitor during scheduled events.
- Educate community about trails and events.
- Develop written materials, such as flyers, articles, and maps.
- Distribute flyers to schools and businesses.
Workday Volunteer Requirements:
- Age: must be over 18 years of age or else accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Small Children or Dogs: Please use your best judgment, or ask the workday leader, as to whether it’s an appropriate workday for either small children or dogs.
- Safety: When joining the Crew for a workday, each participant is responsible for their own personal safety, the safety and behavior of their children and pets, and the choices they make while working as a team.
- Tools: Each volunteer assumes sole responsibility for any personal tools or equipment they bring, including their personal vehicles, power tools, hand tools, hiking gear, and any other personal gear that you bring.
We will gladly add you to our email list for upcoming events and opportunities to volunteer .
Then, check out this website and our Facebook page regularly for updates and new information.