Wednesday, July 1, 9:00 a.m.
Mid-Summer Clean-up, Spruce-up on the Connector Trail
It’s time to catch up on beating back the exuberant summer growth on the Crozet Connector Trail! We will need a good-size group to spread out and cover as much as the trail as possible. We especially need people who are willing to push a lawnmower and people to wield the string trimmers. We also need loppers and pruners for the overhanging branches and brambles.
In order to keep us all safe and healthy, we will be following the guidelines below, starting with the need to sign up in advance. Please click here to sign up with our form.
We will meet at 9:00 a.m. at the trail entrance on Fairwinds Lane in Western Ridge (Directions below) Bring water, hat, bug spray, and sturdy shoes. Long pants, socks, and work gloves are recommended.
If You Have Room to Carry a Lawnmower in Your Car or Truck
and can meet at 8:30 that morning at Crozet Park to help transport equipment, please add a note to your sign up. We’d like to bring all the mowers out if possible.
Directions: From Three Notch’d Road turn on to Park Ridge Drive, take first left on to Lake Tree Lane, then third right on to Fairwinds Lane and drive to the end. From Crozet Park, turn left on Park Rd into Westhall, then left on Westhall Drive then quick left onto Eastern Avenue; at the end turn right onto Park Ridge Drive then right onto Lake Tree Lane just before railroad crossing, then third right is Fairwinds Lane. Drive to the end.
Guidelines for Safe Work Days During the Pandemic
1. Work groups will be limited in sizeAll groups will be limited to 10 people or fewer, depending on the space we will be working in. When we go out to prune and trim a trail, we’re able to spread out, so as many as 10 people may be OK. If we are working in a smaller space, the numbers will be smaller.
2. Everyone must sign up in advance
This allows us to control the size of groups, and to follow up with you in case contact tracing is needed. I will link to Sign Up Genius pages for each work day. PLEASE: If you sign up and then have to cancel, remove your Sign Up so we have enough workers for every project!
3. Masks are required; work gloves are encouraged
We will need to wear masks when we are close together–I anticipate this will be when we gather to discuss the work to be done. Once we are spread out, and are not within a few feet of each other, masks can be removed. Please be aware of trail users, though, and make sure to step aside to allow space if people pass on the trail.
4. Tools will be cleaned with disinfectant wipes at the beginning and end of work, and when transferred between people. The Trails Crew doesn’t have an unlimited supply, so it would be great if you bring your own.
5. A hand washing station will be available with soap, water, and paper towels. If you can bring your own hand sanitizer, please do!
6. Social Distancing will be required.