Crozet Trails Crew
Thursday, June 13th, 2013
Anna’s Pizza, Crozet, VA
-Introductions: Jessica, Linda, Bob, Bob, Steve, Teri, Scott, Tom
– Clear Crozet Park loop trail: overgrown, some poison ivy, small tree… on June 29th, clear trial with Aaron and his Scout buddies. Mid- week crew can do what they want before this if they want, but we’ll still have a work day.
– Mow base of the WestHall trail: not a county trail yet, no signs, no parking, etc. so we take care of it now and county will afterwards. Needs to be mowed about every 2 weeks. String trimmer can handle the needs here.
-Beaver Creek: Fishers have been waking on it, so it’s not bad, could leave it for the Fall. Even in the sunny parts, it’s not bad.
– Kiosk! : Aaron will build on June 29th and July 2nd… Have it done by the 6th / July 4th Community Day.
– Map out/clear the potential 5k route: Walk it this Saturday the 15th. Jessica will bring the string trimmer. Take a photo of the plaque at the JT Bridge for company that made it. Meet at Park by 8:30.
– Crozet Independence Day parade and Festival- meet for Parade at 3-3:30pm at Crozet Elementary School. Sell beer at the Festival 5-9:30pm. We need some to talk about trails crew, take ID and $, run taps. 5 to a team… Two teams from 5-7:30 and 7-9:30. Linda will do the first shift as ID’er; Teri and Steve whatever time and tasks. We might have a tractor and small trailer with cooler on it etc. for the parade. Or county hand carts. Wear brown Connect Crozet t-shirt. Cups, etc from before to hand out. Can’t hand out a map yet, we don’t parking etc so can’t make it public yet. Until people can access it, bridge built north of Westhall, parking spots made available.
– Crozet Trails Crew 5k Trail Run (can’t use CTC with 5k due to Charlottesville Track Club being known by CTC) in conjunction with the Fall Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival. Long name for a race. Just 4 months away!!!!! Need the start and finish in the same place, but not have the finish line right in the festival area, so that if people finish after the festival starts it won’t be in the way… at the soccer field? But need 3.2 miles so that might not work. Could have them loop around the soccer field to add onto the distance. Tiered groups like walking group, the faster ones, all start at same time, people group themselves according to their interest. Plan more after we walk it this Saturday.
Next workdays: – Sat 6/15, 6/29
Next Meeting: Thursday, July 11th.