CROZET TRAILS CREW meeting
Trailside Coffee, Crozet
Thursday, January 13th, 2010
6:00 pm-7:30 pm
· Agenda Review (Jessica Mauzy)
· Introductions if new people are present (Name, interest in the Trails Group)
· Updates from “Action Items” from last meeting *
· Discussion of Building (Labor) activities:
o Work at Mint Springs Park (status of “the eastern overlook”, other projects)
o Work on the Crozet Connector Trail (Licking Hole to Cory Farms) (!!)
o Assisting the TNT efforts?
· Discussion of Planning (Logistics) activities:
o CTC involvement in lobbying for better bike routes/ paths (bike/walk to schools)
o What happened to the grant for sidewalks and a crosswalk at Crozet Elementary?
o Field-school involvement?
o Is there a crosswalk downtown?
o T-shirts! Sponsors! And free cups!
· Next steps- next Group meeting – Thursday, February 10th (Jessica Mauzy)
* Action Items (From December meeting):
Dan M.- Get more information on the exact route of the Licking Hole Basin- Cory Farms trail. Determine the feasibility of re-routing existing trail away from houses in Western Ridge.
Dan M.- Send out information about hikes at Byrom Park
Jessica M- Follow up with Melody about T-shirt options
Jessica M.- Write Thank-you letters to Trailside Coffee, Cavalier Window Cleaning, Blue Ridge Mountain Sports, and ACAC.
Jessica M.- Get more information on the possibility of having a Crozet Triathlon.